Last month we unveiled our plan to develop new and innovative programs our community supporters could easily participate in while sustaining Sakhi’s work. This year, as community demand for services rises, we need your support more than ever (see here for more information on current needs). We have already highlighted the launching of the first program—our celebration gift series. Now, we would like to introduce to you our second program.
Recently, we formed partnerships with two virtual marketplaces, We-Care.comand iGive.com. By simply adding an extra “click” to your everyday online spending routine, you can further Sakhi’s vital mission and programs.
By shopping at the more than 800 online commonly-frequented, major merchants, you are allowing a percentage of your purchase to support us—at no extra cost to you. All you need to do is click through our We-Care.com oriGive.com marketplaces and then shop from the merchants you use every day. The company will then donate anywhere from 0.5% to 48% of your total purchase price to Sakhi. It’s effortless giving.
Anu Gupta, a current Development intern, was surprised to learn there are opportunities such as this, saying, “a month ago [before my internship started with Sakhi] I wouldn’t have realized I could donate to a charity just by shopping online.”
“Every individual needs to buy certain items throughout the year, and these websites have obtained partnerships with stores that sell not only items you want to buy, but necessities as well. We aren’t asking someone to buy more: the opportunity is already there for everyone to participate,” Sarah Crist, Sakhi’s Development Associate explained.
By following these simple instructions and creating an account, you can support Sakhi:
- Visit http://sakhi.we-care.com or http://iGive.com
- Create an account: information needed to complete this step is very basic: first name, last name, postal code, country, e-mail address, and password (the latter two are for your account login)
- Click on the merchant tab
- Find the merchant you wish to shop at and select it (stores are listed in alphabetical order)
- Click the “shop now” button located on the right hand side of the screen
- That store will open in a new window—now simply shop as you normally would!
For more information about this program or other ways to get involved, email@example.com